Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Desi Tadka Pasta

My grandmother more often than not complains about how I keep bombarding her with flavours and ingredients for which she has not yet acquired the taste :). Hence, this time I tried a desi spin on making pasta using local ingredients - my granny loved the results and so did the rest of the family including me :).

So here goes, (the recipe makes enough to serve 3 people ):

What you would need:


- Ribbon Pasta - 3 to 4 fistfuls
- Mixed vegetables (cut in julienne style) - 6 to 8 cups
(I love my pasta loaded with veggies and for this recipe, I used potatoes, cabbage, spring onions, mushrooms, red onion, tomatoes, beans, green chillies and asparagus)
-Olive Oil
-Roasted Coriander and khus khus ground to powder
-Tomato puree
-2 cloves garlic
-Salt to taste

Prep :

For the pasta: cook the ribbon pasta in boiling water with a dash of olive oil and some salt. Drain, run under cold water and set aside.

For the Vegetables: Heat oil, add garlic and cook till light brown ad the onion and toss occasionally till translucent. Now add the vegetables that take longer to cook foll wed by the ones that take lesser time. Stir in the tomato puree, ground powder and little salt. ( As I like my veggies to be crunchy the cooking of the vegetables is very stir-fry style, also be careful on how much the salt you add at this stage as the pasta already has been infused with the same during the boiling)

Once the vegetables long enough to suit your taste, add these to the pasta and garnish with a drizzle of grated cheese.

Do try and let me know how it works, I would also be really glad to hear about any variations that you may have tried.

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers